Today we say goodbye to Mrs. Gege as she will spend her last day with us before she retires from GLCA after 13 years. We have been celebrating her all week an showing her how much we love her and will miss her. She has been a great asset to the preschool with opening every morning at 5:30 and being so willing to go into any class that might need assistance for breaks or giving assistance when needed. The children at GLCA love to “scare” her and make her laugh. The Ladybugs class has fun every day and learn new things like sign language, learning to recognize their alphabet, playing and learning how to share, and most recently again learning how to grow a garden in the front of the preschool. Mrs. Gege has continuously taught every class she has had how to sing Silent Night and The First Noel in Sign Language for our Christmas Performance. She will be greatly missed at GLCA and we all wish her the absolute very best in her new venture into retirement.
Our website is currently undergoing some maintenance and updates so not all areas of the website will have content. Please check up regularly for updates on teacher biographies, new and existing classrooms, and new and exciting changes that are happening around Garden Lakes Christian Academy.
Dear GLCA Families,
The administration team here at GLCA continues to monitor updates regarding COVID-19 daily. We remain current on the recommendations from the Center for Disease Control, Maricopa County Public Health Department and the Arizona Department of Health Services. While COVID-19 or Coronavirus has contributed to school closures state wide, at this time GLCA has no plan to close.
We are committed to providing a clean and safe environment for our staff, students and families alike. We will continue to maintain our existing cleaning protocol while implementing a few additional precautions.
- Upon arrival every staff and student entering the school will have a temperature check.
- No one with a temperature of 100.5 or greater will be admitted.
- No staff or child who is or appears sick will be allowed to remain in the school.
- Anyone entering the classrooms will be asked to wash their hands.
- All surfaces and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Toys will continue to be sanitized throughout the day.
- Provide supplies that promote healthy hygiene, including tissue, soap, and hand sanitizer.
- We will continue to ensure that staff is well informed by attending COVID-19 webinars.
For update regarding additional plans we encourage our families to follow us on Facebook: @ Garden Lakes Christian Academy
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding,